Friday, August 22, 2014

Dirty Bath Water

Happy Friday everyone!

Our week was pretty low-key over here at the Powell House.  That is, of course, according to me.  Bryce would tell you that he kept pretty busy...


Toddler tornado at his finest.

Another fine moment he had this week was during one of his nightly bath times.  He has a few bath toys in there with him, but he really likes playing with a plastic cup the most.  His new favorite thing?  Filling that cup up with dirty bath water and drinking it.  He's done it a few times before, but always stopped when I took the cup away. I know that my toddler is not the first to do this, but I absolutely hate it.  Not only is the water obviously dirty, but I have a weird phobia of tubs in general--I'm convinced that no matter how much you clean them, they're still dirty.  I don't take baths, and I want to, but I can't, because 
all. tubs. are. dirty. 

Anyways...

  During one of his baths this week, he got creative.

I caught him drinking the bath water out of the cup and after telling him "no" a few times, I took the cup away.  He started playing with a (clean) washcloth he had in there with him, and it only took a few minutes for him to figure out that he could suck the water out of it.  Again, I told him "no" a few times and took the washcloth away when he wouldn't stop.  I looked around the tub to see what else he could possibly use to drink the water with, and when I didn't see anything I figured the problem was solved.  Not two minutes later Bryce decided to prove me completely wrong by getting down on all fours and drinking the water right from the tub...just like a dog.  There was no stopping him on this one, so bath time ended immediately while I considered washing his mouth out with soap.   

Bryce 1, Mama 0.


On deck for this weekend....my best friend's wedding.  I am so incredibly happy for her and her hubby-to-be, and I can't wait to celebrate them both.  It also marks our first night out without the kiddos, so I fully intend on having a glass (or two...) of wine.  Equally exciting?  Being able to wear something not covered in spit up, wearing a necklace without it being repeatedly pulled on by a toddler, and actually being able to throw on some heels.  I'm loving the necklace and pumps I picked out this week for my rehearsal dinner outfit.  It's the simple pleasures, right?



Seriously though, I'll be missing these faces.


This is a great picture of when Mom dresses a kid, and when Dad dresses a kid.  I'll leave it up to you to decide who dressed who.

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend--enjoy these last few of the summer!




No comments :

Post a Comment