Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Back To School: Adult Edition

Back to school, back to school
To prove to Dad that I'm not a fool
I've got my lunch packed up
My boots tied tight
I hope I don't get in a fight
Ohhh back to school, back to school...

It's back to school time, folks...a time that has always marked new beginnings for me.  It's the beginning of a new season, promises of new friends, adventures, and challenges.  And all this newness requires a few new purchases...am I right??


After five years of being done with school, I'll be starting all over again next week.  I loved going back to school shopping when I was a kid, but its changed a bit now that I have a family (thanks, budget). My two favorite school essentials to shop for as a grown up are bags and planners--the two things that I really need this semester. I'm a chronic list-maker, so a great planner is always a must for me.  The Kate Spade gold polka-dot planner is something I've been eyeing, but unfortunately I can't justify the $36 price tag to my husband for just...paper.  I'll keep praying to the shopping-sales-Gods for some kind of Kate Spade sale miracle.

My favorite bag on this list is the silver dipped, monogrammed canvas tote from West Elm.  I have been coveting this baby forever.  Now that I have a legit reason to buy it, I'll be pulling the trigger soon.

Happy back-to-school shopping to all!

No comments :

Post a Comment