Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Our Weekend

Hello ladies (and maybe some gents??)!!  I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend.  Our weekend was pretty laid back, due to Mr. Bryce having a cold.  His energy levels were low, which means he behaved like a normal toddler.  We have been super lucky, and this was his first time being sick.  He took it like a champ, then promptly gave it to the rest of the family :(

On Friday, Brian was done super early with work, which meant we were able to go out to one of our favorite restaurants (Keys in White Bear) for some lunch.





Saturday I made this pumping bread from A Kitchen Addiction and it was AMAZING.  I highly suggest you make this.  It is fall in your mouth, and beats the hell out of pumpkin pie, in my opinion.


He insisted that his sister be with him in his highchair while he ate his slice of pumpkin bread...

Also on Saturday we had a little date night to celebrate my birthday (which was yesterday...another damn year older).  We went downtown and ate at McCormick & Schmick, which was delicious.  After that, we stopped in at a bar I used to work at (The Hole) to see my sister's new bartending skills in action.  I was having so much fun that I totally forgot to snap any pictures.  My bad.  I seriously have no photos of myself, because I'm always the one taking them.  I hope to get better about that soon.

Sunday was the day that Bryce officially passed his cold onto me, so I was down for the count most of the day.  I popped enough Dayquil to make myself useful, and made this Bruschetta Chicken for dinner.  This meal is on repeat for us in the Powell home. It is delicious, and-gasp!-HEALTHY too.  Another recipe that I highly suggest you try righthissecond.



Hopefully I will be able to post more than twice this week.  If not, then I hope everyone has a great first week of fall!!


No comments :

Post a Comment