Friday, August 29, 2014

The Ugly Fish

So so oh-so happy this week is over.  Our schedules were all over the place this week, with me starting school and Brian working nights.  It made everything just that much more hectic.  Now that Brian is back to his regular days, we will be able to settle into the new routine of me being gone some days and some nights for class.

Packing for the move by myself this week with a toddler was a total fail.  Here's what it sounded like:

Me: "No Bryce, that has to stay in the box."
Me: "Bryce, can you give that back to mama?"
Me "No, Bryce."
Me: "Bryce, no."
Me: "No, no, no."

Other than that, our week wasn't very eventful--just very busy.  It does kick mommy guilt into high-gear not seeing these two all day everyday like I'm used to.


My first week of school went well.  It was really just the hi-my-name-is stuff for the week, however I did have one assignment due for one of my classes.  Here's the story:

The assignment was to make a fish collage.  Basically grab some magazines, tear stuff out, and glue it to a piece of paper in the shape of a fish.  Easy enough,  I finished mine on Tuesday night, around midnight, high on caffeine.  I check out my work and thought, nailed it.  Best fish ever.  I brought it upstairs so Bryce couldn't have his way with it, and didn't think twice about it until I grabbed it to bring to class on Thursday.

Thursday comes around, and I get to class.  I'm the first one there, and the instructor tells me to pin my fish up on the wall.  I proudly pin my fish up, and decided again that I totally nailed this assignment.

But then, my classmates showed up, with their fish.  


This isn't an actual fish from class, but it's basically what everyone's looked like.  Mine?  Mine looked like this:


So no, nailed it I did not.  

The instructor saw my fish and politely reminded the class that we aren't graded on artistic ability.  Well thaaaanks.  I should mention that I'm a graphic design student.  If you want me to make an image/graphic/picture on the computer, I can totally do that it's actually a passable piece of work.  If you give me a magazine, a glue stick, and my hands, then that ugly fish is what you will get.  Since my classmates were too nice to laugh at me, I figured you guys could instead.

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!



No comments :

Post a Comment