Monday, September 15, 2014

WARNING--Mushy post ahead...






This is the first picture of these two really interacting, other than Bryce petting her.  They're looking at each other with these huge smiles, and it absolutely makes my heart melt.  It's a picture that captures the beginning of their relationship, and I'm so happy that the moment is now frozen in time.  As young as they are, they have no idea that why will be each other's first--and hopefully best--friends, and just how special having a sibling is.

I can't wait to watch their relationship grow.  Having a sister myself, I know how fun it is to have a built-in playmate growing up.  We still to this day remember the games we made up together (how about those R.V. trips Court?).  It also means I know all about sibling rivalry, fighting and bickering.  Now, as the years go by, I'll be experiencing this all over again as my own children go through the ebb and flow of their relationship with each other.  They'll go through all of the emotions that every relationship has, but, no matter what, they will love each other--and I will always have this photo to show the very beginning of that love.

Disclaimer: I was never sentimental, mushy, heart-meltable, or otherwise "lovey-dovey" prior to having children.

What being a mom can do to you, huh?

No comments :

Post a Comment